Here's the Facebook event for Raby's birthday party... And the Nudibranch Album Release Party... And the Swamp Witch video release! Raby's first full electronic performance in over a year, Featuring accompaniment with Bourgeoise Mystics and a full set with Voodoo Boogaloo..
"Representing my 3rd Coast, Dirt-South, Pisces, bumpkin flare there's a strong water-magic theme throughout the album, both lyrically and in the fluidity of genres. Merman calypso, Vag Trap, Electro-Flamenco, Deadly Synth-Pop, Funky Gogo, Serpentine Trip-Hop. Its vast and varied, like my heart.
During the production of Nudibranch, I lost my favorite person, my foundation was shaken, I witnessed my mortality and made it out alive by the skin of my teeth. It is such an honor and privilege to be here now, sharing this story. I'm so excited to witness the response to Nudibranch! Big love!!" ~Råby
featuring dirty-South infusions of electro-folk, world and synth-pop! Raby channels glamorous characters into cinematic fantasies with spellbinding magic, formalized by poppy synths, enchanting operatics and audacious raps bent on sorcery.
Nudibranch Liner Notes:
All tracks written, recorded and produced by Amanda Raby at Diva Trailer Studios. Mixing for VaJayJay Day, Swamp Witch and 9MM Moves by Jon Margulies (Hobotech) Mixing for all other tracks by Sean Maher, Mastering by Sean Maher
- VaJayJay Day: Vocals, Beats and Production by Raby
- Merman: Guitar, Percussion and Vocals by Raby | Bongos and Male Male Vocals by Austin Starnes
- Nudibranch: Guitar, Vocals, Beats and Production by Raby | Tablas by Jason McKenzie | Male Vocals by Volkan Kantar
- Swamp Witch: Guitar, Vocals, Beats and Production by Raby | Banjo and Mandolin by Hamp Brockman
- Mnemosyne: Guitar, Vocals, Beats and Production by Raby | Sitar by Indrajit Banerjee
- Squealer Healer: Vocals, Beats and Production by Raby | Banjo by Hamp Brockman | Tablas by Jason McKenzie | Male Vocals by Volkan Kantar
- Alligator Stew: Guitar, Vocals, Beats and Production by Raby | Bongos and Male Vocals by Austin Starnes
- The Hollow Tortoise: Guitar, Vocals, Beats and Production by Raby
- 9MM Moves: Vocals, Beats and Production by Raby
Also available for download
Finally available from the 2013 vault
Raby & Connect...The...Dots
Hawt Twat tracks
From the sweltry swamp waters of the Texas coast, Amanda Raby is bewitching the Americas. Fans say she sounds like,
“Cyndi Lauper, Portishead and Yolandi mud-wrestle at a psychedelic witches' rodeo."
In the tiny sea of female Pop producers, Raby’s spellbinding style is formalized by poppy synths, folky guitar, divalicious vocals, enchanting operatics and audacious lyrics bent on saucy sorcery. A known shape-shifter, she channels glamorous characters into fantastic cinematic atmospheres.
Raby has garnished grande aplomb via performances at some of the world’s largest transformational music festivals including Envision Fest 2016 and Lightning in a Bottle (2013 + 2014) where she roused revelry with cheeky raps, bodacious operatics and shamanic clown characters.
She is currently producing her anticipated debut album from a remote fishing village on the Texas Gulf Coast while caring for her old mariner Grandfather. The album is primed with mixing by Ableton Live guru and musical genius, Jon Margulies, a.k.a. Hobotech, and recording at Raby's "The Diva Trailer" mobile studio.
Raby hallmarks an entirely new genre, Wizard Pop, with salty communions, funky culture queues and dreamy grit shamelessly dedicated to magic. She hopes to inspire massive planetary healing and creative liberation through the poetic power that comes through compassion, communion and brazen sass. Raby hopes to hit the festival circuit again one day soon and tour the world while teaching vocal magic workshops.